Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is an important health and liability concern for every type of facility. Building ventilation systems can carry pollutants and hazardous emissions throughout your facility at higher concentrations than typical outdoor exposure levels. The resulting Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) can cause worker illness, increased absenteeism and legal liabilities. Our services include:
- On-Site Inspection
- Employee Survey and Interview
- Sampling and Analytical Testing
- Operations and Maintenance Plans
- Environmental Communication Strategies
Common causes of Sick Building Syndrome include:
- Construction defect such as defective roofing materials causing mold growth through water intrusion.
- Ventilation system deficiencies such as poor circulation, inadequate makeup air, and insufficient maintenance.
- Construction or renovation by-products such as paint chips, dust, and insulation particulates.
- Volatile Organic Compounds from paints, carpets, cleaning products, Pesticides, insecticides and fungicides.
- Microorganisms such as molds, fungi and bacteria.
Environmental Solutions interviews your employees and/or tenants to determine specific symptoms and concerns, and will conduct an inspection of the building and the HVAC system to determine the source and solutions of the IAQ problem. We provide laboratory microscopic examination of collected field samples and interpret the data to clarify and set forth the correct response action.